Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crazy Chicken


Yesterday I heard all this cackling out by the hen house, so I went out to see if Mr. Coyote was making an attack. I did not see him, so I went back inside. Later I went out to feed the chickens and found a chicken hanging upside down from the top of the chain link fence. His toe was caught in the top of the chain link and when he tried to fly down into another yard, his toe got caught. He was asleep by this time, because when you hang a chicken upside down they tend to go to sleep. I grabbed him by the feet, untwisted his broken toe and sat him down on the ground. I think his drumstick might be dislocated and his toe is a hammer toe now, but he does not seem to mind. He limps around acting like no one saw what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment